levien.com Gnome home
Gdome is the Gnome DOM Engine. It promises to create a fully standards-compliant DOM interface. It is based on Daniel Veillard's libxml. Currently, it is being used in Gill, the Gnome implementation of SVG.
There are a fair number of projects related to Gdome, including free software implementations of DOM and other interfaces for XML or XML-like trees.
- The Xerces XML parser of the Apache XML effort plans to implement DOM2. Interestingly, there are versions in both C++ and Java.
- David Brownell has created a DOM2 parser in Java. At the time of this writing (11 Jan 2000), it supports all of DOM2 core, as well as Events, MutationEvents, and Traversal.
- The XDBM project looks potentially interesting; it seems to have somewhat similar goals to Gdome.
Here are links directly relating to DOM and the Gdome implementation:
- www-dom mailing list archives.
- Official W3C DOM page.
- Gdome mailing list archives.
- Gdome source in LXR, from Gnome CVS.
There's an archive of older documents relating to earlier Gdome designs and plans. They include: